Hubby and I got married just before I was 22. He was in the military and I had about half of a bachelor’s degree.
Our life trajectory looked something like this…
- We move a few times with the Air Force…
- Finish our BA degrees,( maybe Hubby goes to law school).
- More likely, Hubby has a job in computers.
- I have some kind of an office job.
- We have a couple of kids.
- We have a couple of cats.
- We live a middle-class life in the suburbs of some state, not MN.
I never would have guessed that at 42 my life would look like…
- We live in Minnesota.
- Hubby is IN law school, after doing grad school in political science.
- I have a Ph.D. in philosophy — from Nebraska, of all places.
- I’m teaching philosophy in a community college and loving it!!
- Andy’s my BFF (I knew him then, kinda…).
I got the cats part right –
Who knows what life will look like at 62? One thing I do know is that I’d like to have some adventures…