1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Took a really good photo.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year I think I wanted a new attitude of serenity and patience, which I worked on… this year my resolutions are to continue that and to recycle pop cans.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two close work friends
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just lots of the US…
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
An RV or an 86 Trans Am
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 20, April 4, April 20, October 23 — and I’m not telling why…
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I hosted a conference on campus.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I had a pattern of getting cranky when I shouldn’t have..
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did not.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Either my new laptop or Andy’s Christmas present..
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
It’s not important.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
vacations — Colorado, Madeline Island and most importantly Florida
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Billy Squire, Some kind of lover… sad but true, Andy, Terra, Ryan and Max all know why :).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, about the same, richer in non-money ways.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Andy’s fabulous family..
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
22. How many one-night stands?
None of your business..
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Breaking Bad, with Sons of Anarchy and Friday night lights close behind..
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate.
25. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm…. not sure, I loved a lot of them..
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
Clean PET scans
28. What did you want and not get?
Perhaps the ability not to want stuff?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Machete.. or maybe the Hangover — but more for the context I saw them in than the movies themselves.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to Duluth with Andy… had fun in Canal Park. I was 43.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting hired by, but probably turning down the dream job
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Rock n Roll meets hippie chick
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t really go in for celebrities.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay rights issues — and access to healthcare.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met lots of great people, maybe Andy’s auntie Barb..
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 20011.
If it’s important enough to fight about, it will wait until morning.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Soulshine, it’s better than sunshine, better than moonshine and damm sure better than rain.”
Filed under: Other random stuff | Leave a comment »